Monday, October 29, 2012

... 4 Months ...

Am I the only one that thinks its weird that Brad & I have only been married for 4 months? It seems like we have been married forever & that this is how our lives have always been. But, I mean that in a good way ... and it's a good thing. 


That guy is my favorite.
I am so happy I married my best friend, my confidant, my equal.

Sometime last week, I was having an exceptionally crappy day. Nothing went right, I was feeling like a major Debbie Downer & the list goes on. All Brad wanted to do ALL day, was figure out how to fix my day. He put me first and made it his goal of the day to make me happy. He's something special.

He puts the Lord first. There have been several times where I will catch him saying his prayers or reading his scriptures or listening to a conference talk and each and every time, my heart swells with a little more love for that man. I love that he is strong in the gospel and that he honors his priesthood.

The other day he said something to the effect of: "I can't wait until I am in Law School and we can have a lot of cute little babies together." I probably smiled really big because he is an amazing dad. He is the dad that gets on the floor and builds the Lego house with Kason & he lets Kason climb up on the counter and help him make the brownies. He chases Kason through the house to tickle him & the giggles that come from that are what I love. He loves Kason as if he were his own, but I cannot wait to see him for the very first time with a brand new baby. *sigh*


My mister works hard. He was raised to work hard, and work for what you want. He does just that. He gets the job done, he gets it done right and many times, he goes above and beyond what is expected of him. He has built a great relationship with his colleagues because of his work ethics.

Brad ... is a funny guy. He is sarcastic, he's funny, he is lighthearted and he loves to joke around. There are very few serious moments in our home and I love that. That man can make me laugh at about any moment in life ... even when I probably shouldn't be laughing. I am glad I married somebody who promises to make me laugh everyday for the rest of eternity.


Brad has this crazy passion for things. He loves to learn. He loves politics. He loves the gospel. He loves sports. He loves so much in life and he is so passionate about it all. I would say he is a pretty well rounded person & a lover of life.

I like to talk. Especially when there is something on my mind bothering me and well, Brad listens. Enough said.

Brad could share the gospel with anybody, anywhere at anytime. I admire this about him so much. He is constantly handing out Book of Mormon's at work and talking to his co-workers about the gospel. His example is a testament of the gospel in and of itself. He stands out and I love that.


I married a man that brings home Ben & Jerry's ice cream when I've had a crappy day. A man who will clean the kitchen, do the laundry, and cook dinner while I am on the couch with a migraine {even though he just worked a 13 hour day}. He will watch girly shows with me just so we can spend time together. He defends me and supports me, regardless of what the matter is. My husband makes me happy every single day and yeah, we have our hard times but, the fact is: we haven't given up.

I love this man more than I ever thought possible to love another person!!

{In hindsight, I probably should have warned you this would be a sappy post but, ya know? his grandkids and great-grandkids deserve to know what he was like before he turned into a grumpy old man!! ... just kidding. (kind of)}

Happy 4 Months of Happily Ever After, Bradley Ray!!!


3 comments:

  1. Awwww...I love this. Happy 4 months to an amazing couple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not sappy! It's beautiful! Love is a great thing. Also, I love, LOVE your photographs! Props to the photographer for capturing some super moments.

    ReplyDelete