Monday, November 5, 2012

Halloween 2012

I am gonna be really honest with you right now. 

I hate Halloween. 

I really do. It's so much work and expensive and I don't like getting spooked and I don't like all the blood and gore that comes with it. And because of my hatred for the holiday, I feel like I always short change Kason, in fact, I know I have the past 4 years. We're talking last minute costumes, not even carving pumpkins, and minimal trick or treating. So, this year, I swore to myself that I would redeem myself and all the crappy years of Halloween he's had in his life. 

The Friday before Halloween our ward had a Trunk or Treat, thankfully, Kason's Jedi costume arrived in the mail that afternoon so he could go as a Jedi. It was freeeezing that night and then it started to rain so, we made the loop a couple times and then sat inside. It was still fun though, we have a GREAT ward family here!! 



Halloween-Eve we actually carved a pumpkin!! It's been years since I did that. Kason had fun with all the pumpkin guts. And, we roasted the pumpkin seeds {melted butter, a little salt, seasoned salt, garlic powder & onion powder: DELISH!} 



Halloween morning we had ghost pancakes. I think Kason broke a personal record and ate 3 pancakes that morning ...


His Kindergarten class had a "Rhyme Parade", their costume had to have a rhyming poem and Kason was a 'Jedi Knight with a Light'. It was cute to see all the little kids and their costumes. 



Halloween night we just went on post and went trick or treating ... these folks go all out! They had buckets and crates FULL of candy and I wouldn't be surprised if it was all gone within a couple hours. Brad was still working (and had been for the past week) so he missed out on all of the festivities but, Kason & I still had a fun night. 


After trick or treating, we went home and ate mummies for dinner. Kason thought they were awesome. 


So, maybe going all out for Halloween pays off? But, it seriously was so much work! I am not that type of mom who is always creative and doing fun, neat, creative things. I should work on that. But, for now, I am just glad Halloween is over and we can focus on Thanksgiving and Christmas. {Still can't believe 2012 is coming to a close, when did all of this happen!?!} 

2 comments:

  1. So I am totally in love with your blog & incredibly happy I get to see how the Jensen Life is going:) Halloween looks like it was a HUGE success...way to go! That Jedi Knight w/a Light was darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't think Germany celebrated Halloween????
    Kason looks cute btw!

    ReplyDelete