Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Family Pictures

I have a story for you.

Back in 2003 I went to college in a small town in rural Arizona. Eastern Arizona College. It was a fun few years and I met some awesome people. One of those was Mary Anne Kovacs ... well, we didn't really hang out & become buddy buddy but, I knew who she was and we went to the same school? Good enough right? She grew up in the same town as my first husband, as did her husband.  

Fast forward a few years, Mary Anne became a Miner. I became a widow and then became a Jensen. Turns out ... MY husband and HER husband were at Brigham Young University at the same time and were on the Ranger Challenge team together for the ROTC program. So, Mary Anne knew my husband before I knew him. Kind of a small circle of weirdness, right? 

Okay, anyway ... before I came a Jensen, I would read Mary Anne's blog and follow her photography blog here: {Miner Photography} She is incredibly talented. I loved looking at all the pictures she would take for her clients and of her cute little family. I would always look at her pictures and think, "I would kill to have pictures taken by her!!" But, the chances of that happening seemed to be about zero to none. So, I just admired from afar. 

Fast forward again, after I got married, we moved to Germany. Well, just so happens that Mary Anne and her family ALSO live in Germany ... oh, about 20 minutes from us. Not only was I more excited about getting to know Mary Anne better, I thought to myself ... Self, this would be a perfect time to take advantage of Mary Anne's photography skills. Who knows when you'll live 20 minutes from her again!? So...I did just that. It would probably be the last chance we would have to get family pictures taken IN Germany, during the Fall, by Mary Anne. 

Okay, enough back story...here are some of the pictures Mary Anne took for us. {I love them. They are perfect!} And it really has been so fun being here with Mary Anne and getting to know her better. She is a wonderful person! {Thanks again, Mary Anne!!} 










I love them. 

2 comments:

  1. Awww! If I say "I love this!" will that come off wrong? Because I really do, but not in a selfish kind of way. I just really love that you're here and I get to know you better and have my heart melted by your adorable family! So happy you like them. I'd hate to be the unhappy ending a story like THAT! :) Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these (as is probably evidenced by all the notifications on your fb page from me). And I absolutely love love love you guys. You're most definitely my favorite little family ever. Tell that mister of yours to bring you back to the states because I miss my sister!

    ReplyDelete