Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Christmas Day

After setting out the Santa goodies on Christmas Eve, Kason quickly fell asleep and our living room was transformed into a picturesque Christmas morning scene. (Picture flop - didn't even take a picture!) Brad & I sat down, snacked on Santa's goodies (we couldn't help it!) and watched Total Recall. (Pretty good movie, reminded me of 'The Fifth Element' mixed with 'Minority Report') Then we climbed into bed and anticipated an early morning wake up call from the little man ... 


We didn't get an early wake up call at all ... in fact, this was our Christmas Day: 

3:00 - Mom wakes up. 

4:15 - Mom wakes up again, turned on Christmas tree lights. (ya know, just incase little man woke up early. you gotta have a magical Christmas morning!) 

5:45 - Mom wakes up again. This time, dozing on and off until about 6:30

6:30 - Mom wakes Dad up. "How come Kason isn't awake yet?!" 

7:20 - Mom finally goes in to wake little man up. We had to WAKE him UP! Who is this kid!? 

7:30 - Picture #1 was taken, after sorting through our stockings. (Note: Little man's new pj's - thanks G & G Jensen!) 


8:30 - All presents opened. 
Mom makes traditional breakfast of yummy French Toast.

9:00-roughly 12:30 - We all played with new toys, hung out, read books, not really sure what else. 

12:30-2:30 - Mom & Dad take a much needed nap. (We {I} woke up early, ya know!) Kason entertained himself and even managed to apply two Angry Bird (temporary) tattoos. He's so independent. 

3:00 - Brad asks, "Hey, how are you planning to cook the ham for dinner?" 
Me, "Oh snap! DINNER! I totally forgot!!" 

4:00 - Ham is in the crockpot. Funeral potatoes are in the oven. Rolls are ready to bake. 

4:30 - Sometime around here I took pictures #2 & #3 and Brad also asked if a friend of his could join us for dinner. (Cue frantic cleaning and organizing of the house ... the amazing husband of mine even cleaned the bathroom {I didn't even ask him too} he's something special!) And we Skyped with my dad. (Skype is a glorious thing!!!) 


{These are of Kason playing the new kinect we got for Christmas. He gets really into it. I love it.}


5:00 - (roughly) - Brad's friend, Pete joins us. We eat dinner. (delicious) I hurry and eat so I can skype with my mom. 

6:00-7:00 - We skype with Brad's families

8:00 - little man is in bed. 

8:30 - Brad and I sit down to watch a movie (right now, I can't remember which one ... National Treasure I think?) and I realize ... I didn't even take ONE family picture today. (Picture fail, big time!) 

So, my husband humored me with this: 


8:31 - we declared Christmas 2012 a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment