Monday, July 29, 2013

The London Eye, Big Ben & The Abbey

After we got back into London, from Hampton Court, we headed to the London Eye. It was crazy expensive and I honestly would tell you, "I don't think it's worth the money we paid." However, I promised Kason we would ride it before I knew how expensive it was. And now I can say, "I've been on the London Eye." Whatever ... it's just money right? The London Eye does make for some cool skyline pictures though.




Up in the pod. Mom rode it with us but, Aunt Jeanne stayed on solid ground while we rode. 





We both look like great big cheese balls in the picture ... naturally. 


Grandma, Big Ben, and Kason ... who looks like he's about to poke that lady in the head. 





The road right by Parliament has a row of the ever-so famous red phone booths. The one we picked, smelled like urine. Yummy!




We tried to go into Westminster Abbey but there was some sort of school program going on so ... it was closed to the public. It did save us something like 20 Pounds (aka $30) by not going inside. Seriously ... why is England SO expensive!?! 


The two other times I have been to the Abbey I have never noticed the detailing inside the eaves. It's pretty amazing. 



After the Abbey it was dinner time so we headed back to the apartment. And thus ended the first (full) day in the land of London.

No comments:

Post a Comment