Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Strawberry Pickin'

One night for FHE we met up with our friends, the Miners, and headed to a strawberry patch nearby. There weren't a ton of healthy strawberries to pick but, it was still fun to get some of our own. I had every intention of making homemade jam with the berries and eating some strawberry shortcake but ... neither of those things happened. Whoops. There's always next year, right? 


Strike a pose, babe!



Sadie & Kason had a blast looking for the biggest strawberry in the patch. 



I'm pretty sure Canon & Emmett just ate all the berries and I don't blame them - they're delicious fresh off the bush! I love this boy, he is such a fun, happy little man. I think he was telling me a story right here ... "Miss Jami!..." He's a stud. 


When we were all finished picking, the boys found a mountain hill to climb and had a grand old time. I'm pretty sure a few dirt clods were thrown and some dirt was consumed but, they had a blast. 


Mary Anne and I decided it would be so fun to grow strawberries and have people come pick them every summer. I'm putting it on my "when-I-have-a-house-and-we're-old-and-retired" Bucket List. 


We had a blast - thanks for the company Miners!


No comments:

Post a Comment