Thursday, September 20, 2012

Wedding Reception

So ... I love weddings. I love planning them. I love being at them. I love being a part of them. I love decorating for them. I just love weddings. So, when I was given the chance to plan a second wedding, I was giddy. I had already had plans floating around in my mind for months (before I even met Brad). I knew I wanted a Summer wedding, lemons used somehow, red as my color and red gerber daises in my bouquet. And, thanks to Pinterest, I was able to plan the perfect wedding. Well, I thought it was perfect ... that's all that matters, right? Thankfully, the basement apartment I was living in came with the perk of having an amazing (really amazing) backyard. When the landlords found out I was engaged they told me I could use the backyard for the reception. It was perfect! 

We did a really laid back reception. We didn't have a line. We didn't do anything formal. We just mingled and laughed with our guests. It made it so perfect. The only "formal" thing I wanted to do was have our 'first dance' together so, we dance to "Only You Can Love Me This Way" by: Keith Urban. I loved our reception and it came together exactly how I wanted. I guess 5 months of crazy planning pays off in the end! 








{we had cheesecake squares, lemon cookies & fruit kabobs}







{these super cute girls are from my old ward in Lehi, they came to "bus" the tables} 







{thankfully ... all our kiddos were entertained!} 




{my sweet Grandma Davies} 




{I seriously was so tired of standing!} 



{I guess we're really awesome parents because we totally forgot to say bye to Kason when we left so, we run through the sparklers, say adios and then he came running after us crying. I don't think he realized we were leaving for good right then ... and we didn't even think to say bye to him. I felt absolutely horrible. But, I guess right after we left, he was totally fine. Parents of the year, I tell ya!} 


3 comments:

  1. Followed you on your old blog and its been a while since I'vec checked in. I am SO happy for you guys. Your wedding/reception looks perfect! What a beautiful bride and beautiful family. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! What a great wedding! Love your photos!

    Perfect Wedding Favors

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see that you really did prepare for your wedding. You thought of something that will make your special day a memorable one, not just for the both of you, but also for all your guests. It’s good that there’s a mini playground there that kept the kids entertained.

    Kelli Mueller

    ReplyDelete