Monday, September 17, 2012

Praha: Day 2 (Part 1)

The second day we were there we saw a LOT.
Here my boys are on the tram heading into the city. 


As we were walking around, we saw this "brick maze" you could buy a brick, paint it, and stack it here. It was a fundraiser for world hunger ... maybe? I don't remember but, it was pretty cool to see. It said to "enter at your own risk" ... Kason and I took that risk! 



This is the view of the Charles Bridge from one bridge over. 


And the castle/church up on the hill ... 


I don't know what this was but, it was pretty cool! Very gothic. I am sure if we spoke Czech, I would be able to tell ya what it is!


This is the guard tower on one side of the Charles Bridge. 


Here we are crossing Charles Bridge, this bridge used to be the only way for people cross the Vltava River. 


Once you cross Charles Bridge, you cross over into Mala Strana, or Lesser Town. 


The main street of Lesser Town ... 


We found this cute courtyard and they had this adorable door ... I had to take advantage of it! 


In Prague, they have what is called "The Lennon Wall" ... back in the late 1980's when the Czech Republic was under strong communist influence, young czech's would go to this wall and write Beatles lyrics or draw pictures representing their songs. Doing this was there way of expressing their emotions and their desire for love and peace. The police would paint over it but, it would be covered again the next day. So, the tradition has continued to draw/paint on this wall! It was cool to be apart of this tradition ...








Europe is full of views like this ... I hope I never get tired of them and the quaintness over here. 


After this we walked through Lesser Town and up to the castle district! 

No comments:

Post a Comment