Saturday, August 11, 2012

Saturday Thoughts ...

I have been doing a lot of thinking today ...

The world we live in.
How scary it is and how people are constantly attacking others' views, rights, opinions, religious beliefs. 
The world my children will have to grow up in and how scary that thought is. 
How easily Satan attacks families and individuals and how quickly people fall to his tactics. 
The fact that He can quickly attack people near and dear to me ... 

Then, I think about my family. 

My amazing son. He is strong and has a constant desire to do what's right. His love for learning things about the gospel is amazing to me. He retains so much knowledge, and has such compassion to those around him. It's sad to think, but will that compassion and love for others hurt him in the future? How hard will it be for him to stay strong against those who attack his religious beliefs? Can I do a good enough job keeping him safe from Satan? 

After thinking about all of that, I think of my husband. I look at the type of father he is, the type of husband he is and the type of Priesthood holder he is and my worries disappear. Brad has some serious strength and power behind him ... the type that can protect a family from evil, that can teach children the path of righteousness, the kind of strength that makes me feel safe within the walls of our own home. 

Yes, the world is a scary scary place, and it's only going to get worse as time goes on. But, I am blessed with an amazing husband and a wonderful son that give me faith and give me strength to keep going and to believe that everything will work out. Those filled with faith do not cower in challenging times, whether personal or worldly. It is our job to enjoy each moment & to keep on keeping on. 

I am grateful to have Brad. More than I could ever put into words. He is exactly what our children and especially I need. He is my perfect. 

What can I say ... I married well! ;) 

{ I sure love this handsome man!!! } 

1 comment: