Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Part 5:

So the next 5 months were literally a skype relationship.

I hated it. 

I would wake up and skype with Brad before he went to bed and then he would wake up and skype with me before he had to go into work. We would text when we could and that was it. It was absolutely frustrating. See, my love languages are physical touch, quality time and words of affirmation so ... without being able to have two of those three things - I would go crazy sometimes! But, we survived. 

I don't think that Brad knows how many times I almost threw in the towel. How many times I almost gave up. But ... thankfully the Lord wasn't about to let me do that. Each time I got to a tough patch, I was always reminded of the things that had gotten me to that point in our relationship. I was reminded that I actually DID want to marry him and that a) I was just scared & b) it was just really hard. So ... I kept on keeping on.

Brad is super patient with me. 
(and I love that about him. I require a lot of patience.) 

The first weekend of April though, I was able to fly to Germany to visit Brad. It was a MUCH needed trip to be able to see him!!! We hung out in Frankfurt and then just spent time together at the house. I visited the ward and got to see the Army post. It was all good and dandy ...

until I left to go home.

I think it was pure exhaustion and Satan's tactics because I thought for sure as I flew out of Frankfurt that I was never going to see Brad again. It took me a couple days after getting back to Utah and having good amounts of sleep in me that I realized I was just having a crazy moment! Brad talked me off the ledge and was, yet again, incredibly patient. I like him. 

Anyway ... so, we got back to "healthy", continued the skype relationship and I kept planning a wedding. I feel like I am speeding through this part but in all actuality, it's pretty boring because, let's face it: skype relationships suck & they're boring. 

Fast forward to June and well, we got married!!!!

Okay, but first he came home. He got home on the 24th and we were married on the 29th so, we had a few days beforehand to spend with each other. A little side note that I don't think anybody knows ... we both had serious cold feet that week and I almost called the wedding off Tuesday night and he almost called it off Wednesday night. We're awesome. 

I don't think either of us felt complete peace until we walked through the doors of the temple on Friday afternoon. Then we knew. We were doing the right thing and everything would be okay. 

But first ... Wednesday night we both had "nights out" with our guys and girls. Bachelor and Bachelorette parties if you will ... they were both pretty low key and we were all so exhausted that not all that much fun was had. Pathetic! Thursday night we had a family dinner at Brick Oven Pizza in Provo, Utah (love that place) with ALL of our family (parents, siblings, grandparents). There's a whole lot of us and it was a blast! I did learn that my Grandma Davies used to live on the exact corner that Brick Oven is on while living in Provo many years ago. That's a neat little family fact. 

Then ... Brad and I said adios. Love ya. Ciao. And we tried to sleep some for the big wedding day the next day.

I loved, loved, loved our wedding day. I honestly wish I could replay it again & again!! It was ... perfect. 

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, reading that made my heart hurt for you...in retrospect of course :) What a long road. I can imagine that there were plenty of rough patches. You are a great couple. So glad you are here!

    ReplyDelete