Wednesday, August 22, 2012

June 29, 2012

Thursday night, I thankfully slept wonderfully and I even got to sleep in Friday morning. It was heaven!

That morning Brad and his family came over and helped finish up last minute things for the reception that night. There really wasn't much to do so it all got done fairly quickly. I rented some bistro lights from a company and they showed up to hang those, so we could then hang paper lanterns. Shortly after they showed up, Brad called me and told me that my lovely Honda (which his sister had been driving) blew a tire on the freeway. Seriously? Like I needed any added stress that day ... well, thankfully Brad and his dad fixed it and I could just get ready. Also, thankfully I wasn't driving it on my way to the temple when it blew. 

I got ready. Brad picked me up. We drove to the Oquirrh Mountain temple together. And we were right on time. (I was proud of that fact.)

Remember earlier how I said we both didn't feel completely at peace until we got to the temple? I kid you not ... it was like, I walked through the doors, handed them my recommend and was flooded with peace in my decision. Thank heavens for that! We were both terrified we were going to show up to the temple and have an awful feeling! (You like how strong our faith is? Kidding!)
They took all our paperwork and whisked me away to the dressing room to get ready. Right before we went to meet our sealer, we were able to sit in the Celestial Room for a bit together. This was so nice because it was just us, the room was practically empty and it is such a gorgeous room. Brad put on his wedding band and I put on mine, we held hands tight as we took our last few steps as single folks!

Our sealer, Tom Bird ... I just loved him. He was funny, cute, jovial, happy, and you could tell he had a lot of power behind him. We visited with him for a few minutes before we headed towards the sealing room where all of our family and friends were waiting for us. Right before we went into the room he stopped us in the hallway and had us look at picture of Christ. He said that the picture of Christ as the first mental picture he wanted us to take that day. Everything in our life is because of Him and our sole purpose is to become like Him and strive towards that as a couple. I cried. (And then thought ... crap, my mascara!)

In the sealing room it was a pretty surreal feeling. I just sat there holding Brad's hand, trying to remember everything that Brother Bird was telling us and feeling so grateful to have so many people there to support us. My closest friends, Brad's closest friends, our parents, our families. SO grateful for that and for that blessing. Brother Bird talked about how important attending the temple is and that it should always be of utmost priority. He taught us the ABC's of the gospel (Atonement, Birth/Rebirth, Covenants). Our second picture was a mental shot of us kneeling across the altar from one another. I don't think I have ever felt as much love for Brad then I did at that moment that we were kneeling across the altar from one another holding hands, all the way through the time we said, "yes". After Brother Bird officiated the sealing, he told us to watch our "love scales" ... if we ever wake up one morning and step on our "love scale" and realize that our love for the other has decreased from the day before: to FIX it. Talk it out. Communicate. FIX it. Your love scale should never decrease. Our last mental picture was, of course, the image of us standing in the mirrors and being able to see forever. Our parents joined us. And someday, we will join our children there. 

Our sealing was perfect. I couldn't have prayed for the Spirit to have a stronger presence there that day. Brother Bird told us that there was a lot of love for us in that room ... from those who were physically present, from those who have passed on and were on the other side of the veil and even those who were not born yet. It's amazing the things we can experience when within the walls of the temple. After everyone had left the room and we were left with just our parents and Brother Bird, he gave us each a hug and told us that he had a lot of love for us. I love that man. I will always have a special place in my heart for him. 

We thanked him again for everything and got ready to greet the world as husband and wife! Man, did that feel good. It was so great to walk out of the dressing room to greet Brad, who was no longer my fiance but was now my HUSBAND!

The rest is really history at the temple ... lots of hugs given. Congrats. Yay! Pictures. You get the point, right?

Bottom line: It was an absolutely perfect day. I loved every minute of it and I wouldn't have changed anything about it. I also realize this is quite possibly a very boring post and that I am incredibly long winded but ... there you have it. It has been recorded for posterity and I am one post closer to being caught up! 

Also, I have had a lot of people ask me about this so, might as well put it out there to clear the water ...

Yes, I am sealed to Brad.
No, I am no longer sealed to Kameron.
Yes, I got a temple cancellation.
No, it does not affect Kason.
(He was born in the covenant, therefore promising him the blessings of that)
Yes, I prayed a lot about this decision and knew undoubtedly that this was the route I needed to go and what needed to be done for Brad & I. 

Next up, reception!
(and hopefully some pictures!) 

4 comments:

  1. So joyful and proud of you. I am so happy for the life you have ahead of you three. And more. :) Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, it truly was a perfect day!! Love ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like an amazing sealer. I love what he said about the love scale. I have never heard that before in a wedding. Thanks for posting about Kameron because I really was wondering (not that it is my business), how all of that was working. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am so glad it was a good day! You definitely deserved that confirmation after all the faith you had been exercising! Seriously, wow.

    ReplyDelete