Sunday, August 3, 2014

Garmisch!

Holy moly ... back in JANUARY we took a little trip down to Garmisch, Germany. There is a beautiful military resort down there that we stayed at. We had a lot of fun enjoying the resort and the American food. The resort was still decorated for Christmas and it was amazing...Brad & I loved sitting in the lobby, after Kason was in bed, and just enjoying the fire crackling. 


The first day we were there we went to go hit the ski slopes!! I had Kason registered for a ski school (can we just take a moment and say how lucky he is to say he learned to ski in the Alps? L-U-C-K-Y) 
He was in the school for something like 6 hours? And he did so great. While he was in his class, Brad & I went snowboarding!! It has been a couple years since I went, so I am grateful for Brad's patience. It was so much fun to be up on the mountain with Brad! 





On our first run, I screwed up my knee so, we tried doing a second run, but I was in too much pain. So, I sat and people watched while Brad did a couple runs on his own. That's Zupspitze...the tallest mountain peak in Bavaria (Germany?) something like that. 


Then we went to grab Kason from his ski-school! He's the 3rd from the left. He got a lift ticket with his class so we all headed back up onto the mountain, where they had a little kid area. Kason and Brad practiced for a couple hours before we heading back down the mountain! 










The next morning, we got up and headed toward Neuschwanstein Castle. It is one of King Ludwig's many properties. We hiked up a hill and waited for our tour time. We couldn't take any pictures inside but, let's just say, it's just as awe-inspiring on the inside as it is on the outside. Sometimes, I wish I had a castle. 








The last day we just spent around Garmisch and then we headed home!! Such a fun little vacation that made me feel like I was in America. I loved it! 

1 comment:

  1. How flippin FUN! Your pics of Neuschwanstein are Amazing with a capital A.

    ReplyDelete