Saturday, February 22, 2014

North Berwick, Scotland

I had heard some amazing things about North Berwick and I was really wanting to visit the coast while we were in Scotland so, Sunday morning, we hopped on a train and headed out to the Scottish Coast! I was a little worried about traveling so far out of the city and making it back on time but, we survived the day and even made it home at the end of our travels! Phew. 

North Berwick was ADORABLE. I wanted to live there. It put all other coastal towns I have ever been to, to shame. 


{I love this picture of Kason. He's such a little stud}


We wandered over to their bird conservatory they have on the shore and grabbed some lunch at a cute little cafe. 



We wandered the shore and docks for a bit before we loaded our boat out to sea!






Then, we headed out on a tour boat out to see Bass Rock. We missed Puffin season by a couple months but, there were still plenty of birds on the island!



We also got to see some seals! I am guessing a mom & dad? 


We were originally sitting on the edge of the boat but, I for one, was terrified of getting pooped on! So, I moved under the coverage on the boat. Kason eventually moved next to me after getting soaked from the wakes. 



After our tour we walked back through the cute little town, caught our train and headed back into Edinburgh! One more shot of the adorable coastline and a couple cute buildings in the town:


{the puffin cottage!}


I was wishing it was wasn't Sunday so stores would be open and I could shop all the cute little stores we passed along the way! 


And FINALLY, I have finished blogging about Scotland... 4.5 months after it happened. How do some of you stay on top of your blogging!? 

No comments:

Post a Comment