Friday, February 21, 2014

Edinburgh

After we got off our tour bus we wandered Edinburgh a little. After getting lost on a couple back streets and walking up 160 some steps (Kason counted) we found 'The Elephant House'!! 

This quaint little cafe is the very cafe that J.K. Rowling sat in and scribbled down the first few chapters of 'Harry Potter'. SO cool, right!? I think we probably should have gone in and gotten some hot chocolate or something ... but we didn't. (What was I thinking!?) Kason kept asking if we could go visit J.K. Rowling at her house. Do you think she would have minded that? Hmmm...



On our walk back to the apartment we checked out the castle that sits up on the hill overlooking the city. So. Fantastic. 


(Here it is during the day ... pretty impressive fortress!)


Sunday evening, after our adventures of the day, we climbed up Calton Hill to check out the views of Edinburgh at night. It was definitely worth it. I love Edinburgh's skyline. 


I wish I could tell you what all of the monuments up on Calton Hill were for but, alas ... I have no idea. But, the view was amazing. 





And here ... is Edinburgh. Isn't this city beautiful!? 


We waited for it to get a little darker. To pass our time we played a few friendly games of 'Rock, Paper, Scissor' and I think we eventually got bored with those options and added Fire. 
We live dangerously. 


Finally it started getting darker ... 



I loved these views. I could have stayed up there all night enjoying the quiet hilltop and the views but, a little person I was with started to get bored so we headed back to the apartment instead. 

1 comment:

  1. NO WAY! You went to the cafe where Harry Potter was invented? Now THAT is awesome. Note to self: go to Edinburgh.

    ReplyDelete