Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Harry Potter Studio - London

So ... this post will probably be incredibly boring for anyone who is not a Harry Potter fanatic, much like myself and my two guys. We're kinda obsessed and I don't know if it's safe to admit that on the world-wide web. However ... when we went to London, we visited the Harry Potter Studio tour and it was easily the highlight of the entire trip for me. 

Harry Potter Nerd Level = Expert 

So, in King's Cross Station they have Platform 9 3/4 (the portal that gets the wizards to Hogwarts via the Hogwarts Express) and it was surprisingly popular. I should have known. But we almost missed our train because of the line ... eek! Kason chose to be part of Slytherin ... I chose Gryffindor (naturally). 

(ps: this is a long post with a lot of pictures ... I even scaled back on what I'm putting up. you've been warned.)



Thank heavens he took a cat-nap ... do they ever stop being loveable when they're sleeping? 


We're SOOOOO excited!!!!!


"The closet under the stairs" 
(those glasses are one of the original Harry Potter frames)



Getting ready to enter The Great Hall! (I'm gonna be real honest right here and tell you I felt like I was at Disneyland ... seriously, this was so amazing for me!)







These robes are the original robes Harry Potter wore in "Year 1"




Harry Potter's bed ...


And wand ... 


Gryffindor common room: 


The studio is fun because you just walk and see all the different props, outfits and sets. It was pretty cool. 




Dumbledore's Office: 





Random props from various movies ... 










Brad & Kason got to practice their spells and they had a green room area where we could all "fly" on brooms. (But you couldn't take pictures...)


The Burrow ... 



"He Who Must Not Be Named"



Then we got to go outside and get some BUTTERBEER!!!! Brad & I were both so excited to try some real Butterbeer. It was pretty delicious (think ... cream soda and butterscotch. Mmmm!) Kason didn't really care for it (crazy!!!)





Outdoor Props (Privat Drive House, Bridge at Hogwarts, Harry's house in Godric Hollow, the Night Bus etc)










Then we went into another building that had two more rooms of props & Diagon Alley ... 



Kason loves Dobby and he was sad because he dies ... ha! 


Diagon Alley:




The last thing we got to see was the Hogwart's castle. I took way too many pictures so I'm sorry I'm not sorry ... it was pretty amazing. Like ... awe-inspiring. For reals. 











We then got to go inside Ollivander's Wand Shop ... they had the real name of the movie actors on the wand boxes, this one is Harry Potter's (aka Daniel Radcliffe) 


Then, we shopped till we dropped! Well, sort of. 


Kason walked away with a pair of Harry Potter glasses - doesn't he look adorable? He even wore them to church the next Sunday. I'd say he's being raised up with the right type of addiction ... 


Then, we headed back into London! It was a perfect day. I was happy. Brad was happy. Kason was happy. I call that a success!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE this post! How fun that you were able to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could have done with more pictures. Not even joking.

    ReplyDelete