Sunday, May 19, 2013

Pre-Deployment Military Ball

On May 10th we had our Pre-Deployment Military Ball. It's no secret that Brad will be deploying later this year but, that's about all I can tell you about that. I was grateful his squadron put together one last "Army Mandated-Date" for us before the guys leave. Honestly, I am not a huge fun of Army functions but, I'm getting better. And this ball was actually kinda fun. (shhhh ... don't tell anyone!) 

There are fields of dandelions over here and normally you would think that would not be a beautiful sight but, for some bizarre reason, when you put 1000 dandelions together, it makes for a beautiful scene! This hillside didn't have very many dandelions at all but, it was still a decent backdrop. I'm sure you don't care about that ... but there you go anyways. 

I sure love seeing him all dressed up in his dress blues. It had always been a dream of mine to marry a man in uniform! 





Our friends, Charee & Tanner Brown, are in the same squadron as us so, they were there. Charee probably doesn't know what she's about to get herself into as my battle buddy but, I am grateful to have her here for our upcoming deployment. I am also grateful to know that Brad will have Tanner with him downrange. It always gives a wife peace of mind to know there will be at least one other Priesthood holder with her husband! Love these two!!



Stephen and Crystal Daniel: 


We tried to get the guys to pose for a picture but, they refused. Men! 


These are all the guys (that were at the ball) who are in Brad's platoon. Right now Brad is the Scout Platoon Leader so, he is "in charge" of these guys. I am proud of him and how well he leads and directs these guys and the example he is to them. 


(SPC Dollar, PFC Birkner, LT Jensen, SPC Felix, SGT Matthews, SGT Donnelly, SPC Burkholder) 

I wish I knew the wives of the Platoon better but, I honestly only know one of the girls' names. Whoops! Goal for deployment I suppose ... 



So, I guess that SPC Dollar really wants a Ranger Tab (which Brad has) and Brad really wants an EIB Tab (which Dollar has) so, they're always joking with each other about it. I'm pretty sure that's all the dirt behind this picture. (Correct me if I'm wrong, Brad?) 


After dinner we danced a few dances (including the Harlem Shake, what the HECK is that all about!?! I don't even get it!!!) and headed home to get our little man. It was nice to be out with Brad and enjoy a night with just him. I love my military man. I couldn't have asked for a better man to provide for us and although his job is hard and he works l-o-n-g hours he always (always!) puts our family first and makes sure our needs are met. He's one amazing man!! 

1 comment:

  1. I have always loved your blog and haven't visited often enough, but can I say 1) I am super super jealous of all your fun adventures 2) YOU ARE SO STINKING CUTE.. Could you be any cuter!!

    ReplyDelete