Monday, May 20, 2013

Mother's Day: 2013

Mother's Day this year was really low-key. Just the way I like it. We went to church, Kason sang with the Primary kids in Sacrament (while I led the kiddos ... gotta love that calling!), I got a candy bar and after church we just relaxed. It was a drizzly, cold day here so, there wasn't much else to do other than hangout inside! Brad grilled up some steaks for dinner and we had roasted potatoes and corn on the cob with them. Yummmy! 

When Kason was first born, I don't think I truly understood, or appreciate, the calling that I had been given to me. It hasn't been until the last year or so that I have really begun to understand how blessed I am to be able to be a mother. That little Spirit inside of Kason has been entrusted to me to raise up and to teach and to help and most of the time, I am terrified that I'm going to completely screw it up! But, occasionally, I am just blown away at the trust that our Heavenly Father had in ME to raise Kason. I know that there are other little ones that will join our family someday and the responsibility that I will have as a mother is one of the greatest I could imagine being given. So, I am grateful beyond measure to be this little boys mom. I am grateful for the joy and happiness he brings to our family. I am grateful for the things he teaches me. I am grateful that he is so patient with me as I figure out what I am doing. He is an amazing young boy and I am so blessed that he is mine!! 


I am also grateful for my mother, for her example growing up, especially when it came to the "simple" things; attending church meetings, scripture study, prayer, FHE ... she never missed a beat. She taught me how to be independent and think for myself and she always supported me no matter what I chose to do. Love you, Mom!! 

I am thankful for my Mother's in Law. (Or is it Mother-in-Laws?) They both have raised up one heck of a man that I get to spend eternity with. Alesia and Jackie - I love you guys! Thank you for being so supportive and wonderful and for raising the man of my dreams. 

Mother's Day is one awesome holiday. It forces me to realize how blessed we all are to have so many wonderful women in our lives! Friends, for their examples. Aunts and Grandma's for stepping in when I was away from my mom. Cousins, Acquaintances, etc, etc ... I could go on and on about all the "mothers" in my life but for now, we'll call it good. 

Happy Mother's Day! (A week or so late ...)  

1 comment: