Monday, March 4, 2013

6th Birthday!

Kason turned 6 on February 11. He was SO excited about his birthday this year so, it made it a lot more fun. I still can't believe he is already 6 years old. It's cliche, but time really does fly by. Seems like just yesterday he was learning to walk! We've been through a lot together, me and that little guy. He's a strong boy. Has an amazing testimony. Is dang smart. And handsome. We are so blessed to have such a good kid in our family. I can't imagine my everyday life without him around. 

For his birthday, we had pancakes for breakfast before I sent him off to school. 


I took cupcakes into his class and they sang 'Happy Birthday' to him ... I'm not sure if he loved it or if he was embarrassed. Either way, it was fun to spend his birthday with him at school. 


That night, I'm pretty sure he chose pizza for dinner. So, we ate pizza at then had a little 'family party'. He wanted a Darth Vader cake and I knew there was no way I would be making a fancy one, so, he got the simplest version of Darth Vader that we could muster. 


He, of course, wanted Darth Vader! 


He got pretty spoiled on his birthday ... he was so happy with all of his gifts and had a blast getting to open them all! We have the greatest families for loving Kason so much. 



Talking to Grandpa Ray on his birthday ... 
(we were also able to talk to Grandma Juli and skype with Dan & Arielle and Grandpa Jeff! Busy Birthday!) 


Lastly, apparently in German tradition they hold the Birthday boy/girl on a chair and sing some song? I don't know if this is really true, but Kason said he learned it in his German class at school. Naturally he wanted us to do it with him so, up he went. It was pretty great fun. 


Happy Birthday, Kason!!! We love you! 


No comments:

Post a Comment